Formula Challenge Ltd
Terms and Conditions of Booking
Formula Challenge is committed to ensuring that all of its customers enjoy driving activities of the highest quality, which are safe, exciting and value for money. Whether a novice driver or experienced professional, we want you to feel welcome and to enjoy expert tuition from licensed instructors in the best vehicles and pleasant surroundings. We know how much our customers look forward to their driving activities and our terms of business have been carefully written to ensure that there are no misunderstandings which could detract from your enjoyment. If you are not satisfied with these terms, please contact us.
1. All drivers must be over 14 years of age.
2. Formula Challenge reserves the right to change prices without notice.
3. For individuals, full payment must be paid upon booking either in cashor by all major credit cards.
4. For individual bookings and gift voucher redemption postponements there is a $50.00 rebooking fee.
5. If you cannot attend on the booked date clause 7 (Cancellations) will apply.
6. Once the booking has been made Formula Challenge is unable to accept requests for refunds for bookings and in respect of any costs relating to vouchers, packaging, delivery, service charges, accommodation, experiences or indemnity waivers.
7. If a nominated driver is unable to attend then a replacement driver will be able to take the reserved driving activity, up to the time of signing in, provided Formula Challenge has written or verbal authorisation from either the Purchaser or the original driver and the nominated substitute complies with all the necessary criteria. No refunds given.
8. Gift vouchers are issued with following conditions.
a) Gift vouchers are not refundable in whole or in part.
b) Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash nor any change given in the form of cash.
c) Gift vouchers can be topped up (difference between voucher and the purchase price can be paid in cash).
d) Gift vouchers are transferable to other parties; however, all conditions remain in force. It is acknowledged and agreed that all participants will be required to comply with all requirements of Formula Challenge including, but not limited to the signing of standard consent documentation to use the racing track and drivers’ agreement which contains indemnities in favour of Formula Challenge.
e) Gift vouchers must be used within 6 (six) months of issuing. The expiry date is displayed on the gift voucher.
f) A Gift Vouchers expiry date may be extended and will be subject to a $50 administration fee that extends said voucher for an additional 6 months upon payment process.
g) Date changes may be made on a Gift Voucher experience and will be subject to a $50 administration fee.
h) Hilton Lake Taupo promotional deal;
9. Formula Challenge cannot permit anyone to participate in an activity without attending the preceding drivers’ briefing and tuition.
10. Formula Challenge provides safety equipment and safety apparatus. This equipment must be worn at all times whilst driving on the circuit.
11. All drivers must follow the Formula Challenge Drivers Code of Conduct, this is available on request and is displayed at the race facility.
12. No alcohol shall be consumed prior to the activities and Formula Challenge and its personnel shall reserve the right to refuse an activity to persons who it reasonably suspects to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
13. All driving activities are offered subject to the weather – there can be no guarantee that a particular date will not be withdrawn due to extreme adverse weather conditions. If Formula Challenge is unable to run a driving activity due to extreme adverse weather conditions or other events beyond its reasonable control, Formula Challenge shall give you as much notice as possible. In such circumstances, you will be able to re-book your driving activity; however, this must be re-booked and taken within three months of the original date planned. Formula Challenge will not be liable for any losses you suffer as a result of cancellation under this clause.
14. If a driving activity is commenced and then not completed due to extreme adverse weather conditions Formula Challenge at its discretion may choose not to complete the activity on another day.
15. All driving activities are offered subject to availability of dates, vehicles, circuit, facilities and Formula Challenge reserves the right to change vehicles, venues, prices and course details without notice.
16. Where Formula Challenge offers package deals that include services provided by other parties (e.g. accommodation) Formula Challenge accepts no liability in respect of deficiencies or cancellations of such services by the third parties.
17. Each driver shall be responsible for any damage done to the car whilst it is within their custody and control and further agrees to bear all costs of both parts and labour and remedial work incurred by Formula Challenge for any accident damage to repair the car to the equivalent condition as at the commencement of the activity.
18. Formula Challenge agrees to waive, or partly waive the damage indemnity subject to payment of the stated amounts (excluding GST) on the following terms:
a) Drive a Single Seater/V8 Racecar – $50 Waiver limits the maximum damage liability to an agreed limit of $300 per incident.
b) The Ultimate Driving Experience – $60 Waiver limits the maximum damage liability to an agreed limit of $300 per incident.
c) All amounts referred to are inclusive of GST and are in addition to any other course fees or hireage expenses.
d) The agreed limit is based on the detailed parts list and expenses payable in respect of the race car in order to properly repair the damage suffered.
e) The agreed limit is payable immediately after any damage
f) If a driver damages a racecar, the driver’s session will be terminated.
g) Formula Challenge reserves the right not to offer the damage waiver to any driver, or in respect of any particular event or course.
h) Formula Challenge reserves the right to stop any driver from driving on an event if they deem the driver is hazard to themselves and/or others.
19. All drivers and guests agree that Formula Challenge may use, for the purposes of marketing and publicity, any images or footage of them taken by Formula Challenge.
CORPORATE BOOKINGS – THESE ARE IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS STATED ABOVE
20. A deposit payment of 20% on confirmed numbers or a standard $1500.00 track hire fee is required to secure the booking. The deposit is in no event refundable
21. The balance must be fully paid 7 days prior to the commencement of the event.
22. Any cancellations made between eight and two weeks prior to the event will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the total amount.
23. Any cancellation or changes made less than two weeks before the event will be subject to a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount.
24. No catering cancellation will be accepted 7 days prior to the event.
25. It is agreed that the day, event or competition plan must be designed in conjunction with and approved by Formula Challenge. Bookings will not be confirmed until Formula Challenge has approved a plan.
26. It is agreed that the company representative will complete a form on arrival indemnifying Formula Challenge from all costs, damages, fines, penalties, loss and expenses (including solicitor/client costs) incurred, or suffered by Formula Challenge in respect of any request or claim which may be made by a person, or corporate entity.